Accounts Payable / Project Administrator
Romag is a fast paced, stable company and team-focused organization.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all candidates that applied, however, only candidates considered for the position will be contacted.
We strive to be exceptional in health, safety and environmental operation. We aim to achieve zero injury to our people and assets.
This position is permanent full time. We offer a competitive compensation package complete with comprehensive benefits and opportunity for personal growth and development. If you are interested in stepping into an exciting and busy environment, this may be the ideal opportunity! Please email a resume to: email@example.com
- Prepare purchase orders and subcontractors’ documents for construction contracts in accordance with the established format(s) and processes.
- Process invoices and obtain proper approval
- Enter Purchase orders, subcontractors’ bills, expense reports, credit card charges and all required information into the computer accounting system on a timely basis
- Match purchase orders and receiving documents to invoices and liaises with Project Accountants to ensure appropriate approvals are in place.
- Maintain updated contact list of trade partners, suppliers, and vendors
- Become familiar with and implement standard company filing system in soft and hard copies, maintain record keeping, faxing and communication procedures
- Maintain labour time sheet recording for payroll processing
- Prepare CLAC and WSIB monthly payment
- Timely and accurate reconciliation of subcontractors’ records to the company’s accounts payable ledger including identifying and resolving un-reconciled variances.
- Maintain logs on correspondence, change requests, requests from the subcontractor, back charges, contract amendments and notices.
- Register all claims for extra work and process as a contemplated
- Files and organizes hard and soft copy documentation. Compiles and collates back up documentation for invoices, including timesheets, expenses, preparation of data in client requested format and other adhoc requests.
- Responds to routine inquiries on invoicing.
- Communicate with members of the immediate project team, Project Team Manager, Financial Accounting and Supplier Compliance, as required throughout the project.
- Deal with building management regarding building/suite issues including but not limited to office security system, office keys and access code.
- On-going activities might include: providing administrative and clerical support to our Project Management team, document control, assisting with the assembly and submission of tenders and estimates, as well as data entry and backup receptionist duties.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / PREFERRED SPECIFICATIONS:
- Candidates must have a minimum of three to five years of experience in construction with a solid understanding of holdbacks, WSIB clearance certificates etc.
- College Diploma or relevant training
- Exercise attentiveness to detail, organizational skills and be able to self-manage their time efficiently and prioritize assignments effectively
- A willingness to learn new skills and work both independently and in a team environment
- Communicates clearly, accurately, and consistently both verbally and in written matters.
- Proven experience in documentation control.
- The successful candidate will be proficient with computers (Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook). Experience with Quickbooks is considered an asset.
- Excellent Phone mannerism, professional and approachable.
- Punctuality and reliability and ability to multi- task with a flexible attitude – willing to help out when needed.