ROMAG is a fast paced, stable company and team-focused organization.
ROMAG is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all candidates that applied, however, only candidates considered for the position will be contacted.
This position is permanent full time. We offer high salaries, car allowance/truck, a competitive compensation package complete with comprehensive benefits and opportunity for personal growth and development. If you are interested in stepping into an exciting and busy environment, this may be the ideal opportunity! Please email a resume to: email@example.com
Reporting to the Construction Manager, to plan, coordinate, and supervise a construction project in order to meet company objectives of costs, quality, time and safety
- In Charge of all on-site construction activities
- On a daily basis, direct field operations.
- Responsible for the delivery of projects by adhering to schedules, budgets, safety and risk.
- Organize, coordinate, and supervise the work of the Subcontractors
- Effectively manage field employees by providing guidance and leadership
- Completing a detailed review of drawings and understand project plans and specifications thoroughly
- Develop and execute project work plans aimed at keeping projects on track and on budget.
- Review site labour requirements and manage hourly employees
- Maintaining accurate as build drawings.
- Keeping a daily log of site activities on the project such as: All trades and number of personnel/trade, description of work, weather, and safety hazards or issues.
- Prepare timely two-week-look-ahead schedules for review by the Construction Manager and submission to the Owner/Consultant
- Expeditious completion of project deficiencies.
- Managing all aspects of safety on site.
- Track and record all extra work orders.
- Take the lead on productivity issues and monitor work performance and efficiency of employees and subcontractors to ensure project plans and schedule are followed and project is executed effectively and within budget.
- Assure construction compliance with design requirements, schedule and budgets and assume responsibility for the commissioning of project systems.
- Ensure that all proper authorities and consultants are performing periodic inspections as required. Arrange for all necessary inspections throughout the duration of the project.
- Prepare for weekly/bi-weekly progress meetings held with owners/consultants
- Review minutes of progress meetings and respond accordingly
- Ensure the enactment of ROMAG’s Safety Program to create a safe work environment throughout the jobsite and adhere to the safety and record keeping requirements.
- Build and Maintain positive relationships with Subcontractors, Suppliers, Owner and Consultant.
- Document and report all injuries, fill out Notice of Injury/Accident Report.
- Reporting any challenges or issues to the Construction Manager in a timely manner.
- Advise senior management of potential problems, work interferences or schedule difficulties while resolving issues as they occur.
- Periodically check for deficiencies during construction and take immediate action to resolve them.
QUALIFICATIONS / PREFERRED SPECIFICATIONS:
- Ten or more years’ experience assisting or supervising construction of complex projects in the water and wastewater projects and or Heavy Civil projects
- College Diploma / Engineering Degree
- Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people to achieve maximum efficiency
- Proficient in reading, understanding and interpreting technical drawings and specifications.
- Ability to effectively solve problem and take decisive action within the limits of authority.
- Ability to take a proactive outlook as it relates to Health and Safety.
- Proficient MS Office and Windows-based computer applications skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Good organizational skills
- Attention to details
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and innovation and can go beyond immediate assignments and act on opportunities.
- Ability to address and resolve conflicts and disagreements